There are different types of contact lenses and the choice may seem baffling, but we are here to help and advise you. We will ask you some simple questions and help you decide on the best type to try. We pride ourselves on taking the time and trouble to tell you about all the possible options and we will always try to find the most suitable lenses for you.
- Why do you want to wear contact lenses?
- Is it for special sports pursuits, hobbies or simply as an alternative to spectacles?
- How often do you want to wear them? For social use or all of the time?
- Have you ever had any problems with your eyes?
- What is your general state of health like?
- Are you taking any medication?
- The Examination:
- With all this information to hand we will then examine your eyes to check their health and suitability for contact lenses. Lenses will be chosen that are of the correct specification and as close in prescription as possible.
- Contact Lens Assessment:
- Once we have decided what type of lens suits your prescription and your needs the next stage is to undertake a trial period with the chosen contact lenses. This will give you an idea of what it is like to have contact lenses in your eyes. Lenses will be chosen that are as close as possible to the prescription and size needed. Once inserted it is usual for the lenses to be left for a short time in order to assess the fit and vision. In some cases we may ask you to take a short walk whilst wearing the lenses to see how you feel.
- Choice of Lenses:
- At the end of this visit the lenses that you need will be chosen. In many cases we will have the required lenses available immediately. More specialist requirements may have to be ordered.
- Handling Instruction:
- We will teach you how to handle the lenses. This involves inserting and removing the lenses from your eyes and, where required, instructions on how to clean and look after them. Once you are competent with the handling you can start to build up your wearing time gradually.
Our contact lens investigation fee is £27
Our contact lens aftercare fee is £27